Uniform at Hill Top
We feel that school uniform is an integral part of our drive to maintain and improve standards. Our uniform and logo give us a corporate identity of which we can be proud. Please support the school by ensuring that your child attends school in uniform. The uniform is based on the principles of ease of wear, fitness for purpose, value for money and a sense of community.
Uniform must be worn by children from Reception to Year 6. It is optional for Nursery children.
Our School uniform comprises of:
- Grey Trousers, shorts, skirt, pinafore dress (Not black or charcoal grey)
- White shirt or white blouse (Not polo shirts)
- Red knitted cardigan, or jumper (No sweatshirts)
- School tie (Available from Uniform Centre Morley)
- White or grey socks or grey tights. Grey socks may be worn with trousers (No red or black tights)
- Black school shoes with a low heel (not trainer style shoes or boots)
- Red & white checked dresses. These can be worn after Easter once the weather is warm enough and from September to the October half term.
- White socks
- Black school shoes with a low heel (not trainer style shoes)
- Red round necked t-shirt
- black shorts
- Plain black track suit (black joggings bottoms and black zip hoodie)
- Plain trainers—no bright colours.
At the pools request
- Trunks not shorts
- One piece swimsuit not a bikini
- Long hair must be tied up or a swim cap worn
- Goggles are permitted but are the responsibility of the child
Children must come to school in their PE kit. School will provide children with a waterproof puddle suit. Children will need to bring wellies (named) which will remain in school for the year.
Book bags are the best bag for children in Years Reception to Year 4 due to limited space in the cloakrooms. Please do not bring in ruck sack or large bags as they block the cloakroom and do become a hazard.
In Year 5 and 6, ruck sacks or large bags are acceptable as children have lockers to place them in.
Children must arrive at school wearing their PE kit on their PE days. This avoids the need for changing at school which ensures children get their full allocation of PE time.
This will not apply to Nursery, however, children will need to bring wellies which can be kept at school in Nursery. A waterproof coat and waterproof trousers to facilitate more outdoor learning are essential. Please ensure these are named.
Plain black sensible shoes with a minimal size heel.
Trainers to be worn on PE days (no fashion or thick soled trainers). A plain black/dark colour. No brightly coloured trainers are permitted.
Badged items of clothing can be purchased from:
The Uniform Centre
114-116 Queen Street
Morley, Leeds LS27 9EB
0113 2521 463
Professional school outfitters, an independent family business since 1980.
My Clothing Limited are a family run business that are renowned for delivering its promises. They are the UK’s largest provider of embroidered school uniform with over 30 years of expertise, they’re proud to support our school by delivering the best, easy to order service that is rated "excellent" on Trustpilot.
An easy way to get great value school uniforms in your school's colours, complete with embroidered logo.
They provide an, easy to use, online store for parents to order and pay for uniforms on the website. https://myclothing.com/
Hill Top Link
- Hair should be neat and the child’s natural colour.
- No extreme haircuts such as lines, patterns or shapes shaved into the hair.
- Hair must be at least grade 2 in length.
- Long hair (below shoulders) should be tied back.
- Decorative hair accessories should be small, discrete and in the school colours of red, grey, black or white. No hair extensions are allowed.
- No nail varnish or makeup is to be worn by our children. The exception to this is on special timetabled days, e.g. red nose day.This includes false nails, false lashes and fake tan.
- Only stud earrings are allowed and must be removed for PE/swimming lessons. If unable to
remove them for PE lessons then children must come to school with the earrings covered
with a plaster, however they must be removed for swimming. Staff will not remove earrings
- All other jewellery must not be worn except for items of religious significance.
Watches which only tell the time are useful for children in KS1 and KS2 but of course they must be managed responsibly by the child and removed for physical activity. Therefore, inexpensive models are advised.
There are local groups who offer parents the facility to exchange and obtain items of uniform.
Tingley and West Ardsley Uniform Exchange is a swapping Facebook group for uniforms, shoes, PE kits, bags, football boots and much more.
They hold an annual uniform swap shop during the summer break in the local area.
Hill Top is a drop off zone for any used uniform items in the summer term.